Looking for a great recipe to keep your family warm at the campground or at home this winter? Check out this easy gnocchi recipe that is the perfect dish for a chilly afternoon. Get the full camping recipe below.
- 1 package (16 oz) potato gnocchi
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package (12 oz) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, halved and sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 c. fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Cook your gnocchi according to the package.
- Meanwhile mince garlic, finely chop shallots, and halve and slice sausage.
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of oil over med-high heat.
- Add sausage and shallots, cooking until browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min. until fragrant stirring constantly.
- Slowly, stir in the wine and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half. 3 minutes or so.
- Mix in corn starch and broth, stirring until smooth.
- Combine the sauce with the sausage and shallots and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and add spinach and cream.
- Simmer until spinach is wilted, stirring.
- Drain gnocchi and add to the rest of the ingredients. Stirring to coat.
- Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top.